Trampoline is a self-organising event for those who find the world interesting, have something to offer and share, and have an inquisitive mind.
Attendees are expected to come along with participation in mind and share what they find amazing to an audience that is up for cross disciplinary discussion.
The goal is to cover subjects that will be appealing across different disciplines. Technical or business-focused, environmental or social, new or old, complex or simple‚ as long as the ideas are interesting and you find them amazing, they’ll fit right in.
Here's just a handful of topics that have been covered in previous events:
- Intergenerational Learning
- Wine Tasting
- The 1000-Year Old Human
- How to Juggle
- Similarities between Improvisational Comedy and Entrepreneurship
- 3D Printers
- Mass Collaboration, Free Information and the Semantic Web
- Complexity and Chaos
To stay up to date with future events, make sure you’re on the announcements mailing list.
The day at Trampoline is filled with sessions offered by attendees on the day - nothing is given priority, nothing is locked in before we start. Each session is 20 minutes long, and is focused on sharing something that the presenter finds amazing. Sometimes they can be talks, or group discussions, or tutorials. You can structure your session how you wish.
There's no expectation that those speaking are experts (though a little knowledge usually helps). Participation is key.
At any given point, there will be four or five sessions happening - so you can either choose one discussion, or wander between a few - there's no expectation to stay put.
The latter in particular is a great way to communicate with many Trampoline attendees - perhaps following up on topics that were discussed, sharing further ideas, or putting together ideas for the next event.
This event began as a conversation between Pat Allan and Bei Yin, and became reality through efforts by Pat, Melina Chan and Steve Hopkins. Since then, Aida Lee has joined the Melbourne team, and Steve and Caroline McLaren have taken it to Sydney. But we don’t control the content of Trampoline—that is always up to the people who come along!
Need to get in touch? Just shoot an email.
To Be Announced - Watch This Space!
To be sent official announcements regarding future Trampolines from the team, make sure you're on our announcements mailing list:Subscribe
- March 28th, 2009 — Melbourne
- October 24th, 2009 — Melbourne
- May 2nd, 2010 — Melbourne
- September 26th, 2010 — Melbourne
- April 16th, 2011 — Melbourne
- October 9th, 2011 — Melbourne
- March 31st, 2012 — Melbourne
- April 15th, 2012 — Sydney
- May 12th, 2012 — Northcote
- October 7th, 2012 — Melbourne
- October 13th, 2012 — Sydney
- December 2nd, 2012 — Adelaide
- May 26th, 2013 — Adelaide
- August 3rd, 2013 — Sydney
- October 27th, 2013 — Adelaide
- November 7th, 2013 — Melbourne
- May 25th, 2014 — Melbourne
- October 25th, 2014 — Melbourne
- February 28th, 2015 — Melbourne
- August 1st, 2015 — Melbourne